Beautiful & Memorable Quotes by Stephen Hawking


Prof Stephen Hawking didn't allow his motor neurone disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, ALS) to stop him from living his life to the fullest. His efforts help us a great deal in understanding the universe. At age 76, the acclaimed physicist passed away living the world with beautiful words of wisdom.

Here are some memorable quotes from Stephen Hawking.


1. “I am just a child who has never grown up. I still keep asking these ‘how’ and ‘why’ questions. Occasionally, I find an answer.”

2. “The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.”

3. “The victim should have the right to end his life, if he wants. But I think it would be a great mistake."

4. "I like physics, but I love cartoons."

5. "However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope.”

6. Women...“they are a complete mystery.”


7. "One is always a long way from solving a problem until one actually has the answer"

8. “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. "

9. “Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.”

Professor Stephen Hawking with wife Elaine Mason after their weddingSource:AP
10. When he was asked about his drug of choice,  he responded with "hope, it is the most addicting one of all"

11. "The universe does not behave according to our pre-conceived ideas. It continues to surprise us."

12. “Quiet people have the loudest minds.”

13. "I have noticed that even people who claim everything is predetermined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

14. "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge"

15. “People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.” 

16. "Next time someone complains that you have made a mistake, tell him that may be a good thing. Because without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist."

17. “Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. If you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

18. “It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven’t done badly. People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.”

19. “My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.”

20. “Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free.”

21. "You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind."


Comments