How Many Times Should We Try?

1. Bill Gates's first company, Traf-O-Data, failed

2. 3 times Steven Spielberg was rejected by the Universtiy of South California, after which he dropped out to beome a director

3. Macy started 7 failed business before finally hitting big with his store in New York City.

4. 27 different publishers rejected Dr. Seuss’s (writer of "The Cat in the Hat") first book "To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street".

5. 30 times Stephen King’s first novel, Carrie, was rejected before it was published.

6. 162 times the author of this infographic made searches fo this data

7. 400 times Richard Branson launched companies before he founded one 'out of this world' [Virgin Galatic]

8. “I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan

9. 1009 times Colonel Snders who just started KFC was turned down when he tried selling fried chicken recipe

10. 1500 times Sylvester Stallone was rejected when he tried selling his script and himself as the film 'Rocky'

11. James Dyson built 5126 prototypes vacuum cleaner before success.

12. Thomas A. Edison tried 10,000 times to build a light bulb that could work.

13. Imagine how you would feel if you are on try number 100 with no end in sight in creating the next big thing.

14.The lesson is not the amount of tries but to keep on trying to find your success.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
~ Samuel Beckett


Source:
Funders and Founders
Budbilanich.com

Comments

Post a Comment